The banking industry is incredibly multi-faceted. It challenges you every day to know the ins and outs of the business, understand our customers' needs, and navigate the best course of action. People's livelihood is in your hands.
When you work at Westfield Bank, you'll be inspired to learn new skills, show your strengths, and grow in your career. And we give you what you need to thrive, offering competitive compensation and onsite training and development programs to help you develop the career you’ve always dreamed of.
Build your future…while protecting theirs
A relationship-oriented company
Our success is a direct result of great relationships -- within our walls and with our customers. As we move forward, we recognize those relationships are paramount to our longevity. The fact is, there are many ways to evolve a company, but at Westfield Bank, there's only one way — together.
It doesn’t take long to get a feel for Westfield Bank’s culture. We are a relationship kind of company. Caring about people has been part of our culture since our founding. Integrity and inclusivity are among our core values and there's an enormous sense of pride in contributing to our customers' peace of mind and financial stability.
When you work at Westfield Bank, you are appreciated for your unique experience, background, and perspective. We believe blending our collective strengths makes our company strong, viable, and successful.
About 185 people work in Northeast Ohio for Westfield Bank. Our Operations Center, located in Seville, employs 110 employees with another 70 employees working in offices throughout five counties.
Rated 5-stars by BauerFinancial
Since the fall of 2009, Westfield Bank has earned a 5-star rating from BauerFinancial, a leading, independent firm that has been rating banks and credit unions since 1983. The 5-star designation is the highest award given by BauerFinancial and signifies that a bank is considered one of the strongest financial institutions in the country.
Benefits and wellness
We provide employees with a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career at Westfield Bank.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees as well as limited benefits for part-time employees. These benefits are given as a part of our parent company, Westfield, as we aim to provide competitive benefits that companies our size typically can’t offer.
Our package includes:
- A blend of health and welfare benefits designed to promote employee physical and mental wellness
- Retirement benefits designed to provide financial resources during your retirement years
This comprehensive benefit package reflects our company’s philosophy that our employees are our most important assets.
Health and wellness benefits
- Group health coverage
- Health care is an essential benefit in today’s world. Westfield Bank is pleased to offer medical, dental, and vision coverage options to all full-time employees. We currently offer a choice between two medical options so employees can choose what best meets their health care needs. Prescription coverage is included in each of the medical options.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Our employees’ mental well-being is just as critical as their physical well-being. Therefore, Westfield Bank offers an EAP, which is a confidential counseling and referral service available to all full-time and part-time employees and their families.
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible spending accounts provide full-time employees with the opportunity to pay for certain health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. The options available through flexible spending accounts enable employees to obtain a tax savings on reimbursable expenses.
- Health savings account
- If you are eligible for a Health Savings Account, you can fund it with pre-tax dollars through Health Equity. You may be able to set aside pre-tax money to pay for eligible medical, dental, vision and prescription expenses. Unlike flexible spending accounts, the remaining balance rolls over year to year and the money remains with you if you ever leave or retire from Westfield Bank.
- Fitness Center
- Westfield Bank’s Operations Center offers an on-site fitness center with group fitness classes and personal trainers to help you maintain your health and well-being. We also offer fitness center reimbursement for employees who work in our branches.
Life insurance and disability benefits
- Group Term Life and AD&D Plan
- All full-time employees are provided with group term life insurance and accidental death benefits.
- Supplemental Term Life and AD&D Plan
- Full-time employees are provided the opportunity during our annual enrollment period to purchase supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for themselves, their spouses and eligible dependents to help meet financial obligations in the event of a death.
- Short -Term Disability Program
- Financial stability during times when you are dealing with medical issues is important. Short-term disability provides financial protection to full-time employees who become temporarily disabled because of a non-work-related injury or illness.
- Long-Term Disability Plan
- Sometimes people experience disabilities that prevent them from returning to work for an extended period of time. In these instances, full-time employees may be eligible for long-term disability benefits after satisfying an elimination period.
- Ohio Farmers Insurance Company Pension Plan
- Westfield Bank recognizes the importance of helping employees provide financially for their retirement years. As a result, qualifying hourly and salaried employees can participate in a defined benefit pension plan which provides a fixed monthly benefit in retirement.
- Westfield Employee Retirement Savings Plan "401(k) Plan"
- In addition to the pension plan, Westfield Bank offers a 401(k) plan to eligible employees which allows for pre-tax Roth and after-tax contributions through payroll deductions; and Westfield makes a safe harbor contribution to the 401(k) plan on your behalf, regardless of whether or not you elect to make a contribution.
Time off benefits
- At Westfield Bank, we believe that vacation serves the best interests of employees, as well as the company, by allowing employees the opportunity to take paid time off from work for rest and relaxation. Full-time employees receive paid vacation based on their years of service.
- Sick time
- Westfield Bank recognizes that from time to time, employees may need to miss work due to illness of either themselves or their immediate family members. Therefore, we offer full-time employees a defined number of paid sick days per calendar year.
- Holidays/floating holidays
- Westfield Bank believes in the importance of celebrating the holidays with your loved ones. Full-time employees are eligible to receive paid holidays for company-observed holidays and floating holidays, which may be taken any time during the calendar year.
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Since employees are our greatest assets and ultimately contribute to our success, it is important to us that employees share in the profitability of the company. Employees who meet certain eligibility requirements may receive various bonuses/incentives based on yearly results.